Hey Guys! Just a forewarning this is a not a “healthy” or “Fitspo” recipe, however I will add hints to make it a little less indulgent. This recipe is a long standing tradition and favorite for my family and has been passed down for generations. My husband asked me to make it for his first potluck as a Captain and Dentist in the Airforce for his residency group and since I don’t normally post recipes I figured it’s an opportunity to share in case you want to make something special for a potluck or holiday! Lets get started.
- Vanilla Extract
- Whole Eggs
- Substitute: Egg Beaters
- Evaporated Milk (Full Fat)
- Substitute: 2% or NonFat Evaporated Milk
- All Purpose Flour
- Substitute: Coconut Flour, Almond Flour, BobMills Low Carb Baking Mix
- Granulated Sugar
- Substitute: Splenda, Truvia/Spenda Baking Blend, Stevia
- Original Nila Vanilla Waffers
- Reduced Fat Vanilla Waffers
- Bananas (I used approx 4-5 Bananas but depends on size just buy a good bunch)
- Measure Out Individual Ingrediants (Small Batch, Double for Large)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 0.5 Can of Evaporated Milk
- 0.5 Can of Water
- Place All Ingrediants (Except Vanilla Extract) in a medium size stove pot over medium heat and whisk until pudding like consistency.
- Note: Keep a close eye on the pudding mix at first it will not seem it is thickening with whisking but if you walk away and don’t pay attention it will get lumpy and stuck to the bottom of the pan. Moral of the Story: Use your muscles and keep whisking until its done – you don’t want to start over.
- After Pudding is Thickened then Stir in the 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Start your Layering in choosen serving dish – I usually use a medium size rectangle baking dish.
- Layer 1: Vanilla Wafers
- Layer 2: Banana
- Layer 3: Pudding Mixture
- Repeat Layers until you run out of Pudding then top layer decorate with remaining Vanilla Wafers and Banana for aesthetic presentation.
- Once Complete cover with Plastic Wrap and then Aluminum Foil and place in fridge for at least 24 hours.
- Serve to Family and Friends and Enjoy every Delicious Bite!
Final Product: YUMMY SCRATCH MADE BANANA PUDDING!
With Love and Family Recipes,
❤ Kindal (RunningWithStrength)